Marriage License Requirements and Application Information
- To apply for a Marriage License both parties, must apply in person at the county auditor’s office and present picture identification (such as a drivers license, state ID card or passport).
- The legal age for both the Applicants is 18 years old. Applicants that are 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The parent must have authority to grant consent and legal guardians must provide legal guardianship documentation. Identification is required.
- Applicants who are 16 or younger must provide a waiver from Superior Court. For more information contact Stevens County Superior Court at (509) 684-7520.
- The fee amount is $46.00 and the fee may be paid in cash or check, no credit or debit cards are accepted. Make checks payable to: Stevens County Auditor. Absolutely no refunds will be given.
- No blood test is required to obtain a marriage license.
- When completing the application you will be asked to provide basic information. You will need the city and state of your birth, your fathers’ name and birthplace, mothers’ maiden name and birthplace, and your social security number. It will be necessary for you to provide your legal names, nick names are not acceptable.
- If applying by mail, the application must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public. Applications should be submitted at least 30 days prior to your ceremony to ensure sufficient processing time.
- There is a 3 day waiting period before your license will be valid and the marriage can take place. The marriage license is valid for 60 days and the ceremony must be performed in the State of Washington.
- Marriages may be solemnized by justices of the supreme court, judges of the court of appeals and superior court, superior court commissioners, any regularly licensed or ordained minister or priest of any church or religious denomination or judges of courts of limited jurisdiction.
- Certified copies of the marriage certificate are available in the Auditor’s office after the marriage certificates have been filed. The fee is $3.00. A certified copy is not automatically issued to you. You must request a copy in person or by phone with the Stevens County Recording Department at (509) 684-7512 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? You can contact us by email: email@example.com